Saturday, February 11, 2017

With Deespest Sympathy

Hello everyone!! Hope you all had a good work week and looking forward to the weekend. I'm here to share a card that I made recently.


I had bought the Gladioli digi from Power Poppy some time back, but didn't get a chance to color it till now. I decided to try no-line coloring on it and a few other digis, and printed out all those digis after formatting them in Powerpoint. I colored the image with my copics - I used R29, R35 and R22 for the flowers and G99, YG67, YG63 and YG03 for the leaves - and added shading with Crayola pencils. Kind of ok for my first trial. Here's a close-up of my coloring.


I recently bought a Texture Boutique. Since I have a Cricut already, I thought of buying an embossing machine. Plus Michaels had it on clearance ;) I've been eyeing it on the shelves for quite some time trying to decide whether I need it or not. Then one day, I went to Michaels, straight to the aisle and bought it. I'm glad I did. I had this embossing folder called Antique Elegance which was given by a friend sometime back. I used it to emboss a piece of coral card stock. The embossed pattern is very beautiful. 

The sentiment is from Inspired By Stamping Big Sympathy stamp set. I stamped it on a piece of white card stock and cut it into a fishtail banner. I sponged it with DI Antique Linen. I also sponged the edges of the panel with the colored image with DI Antique Linen. I added both panels with foam tape on the embossed panel. I inked the edges of a card base with DI Antique Linen and adhered the coral panel on it. I colored 2 white pearls with copic marker R22 and added it on the sentiment panel.

Hope you like my card. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

Submitting this to:

10 comments:

SD pooja said...

Beautiful no-line coloring Berina :) Embossed bg and the bow give very Elegant look :)

Holstein said...

This is Gorgeous done with the no line. Beautiful creation.

Debra K. said...

Fabulous no-line colouring Berina! The flowers are such a lovely colour too. Great design for a sympathy card. Debra x

Suchi said...

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!!!! Your coloring is beyond words!!! So so gorgeous- I am inspired!! :)
Suchi xx

Barbara said...

You really brought the gladiolas to life! They look so real Love the background that you framed them on. This is just charming! Thanks for joining us this week in the challenge at the Mod Squad. Good luck and hope to see you again.
Barbara DT Member

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Berina, I have not made mine yet for this 'no lines' challenge,...you have coloured beautifully.xx{aNNie}

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Superb card Berina, love the colours etc... very well done indeedy!!!
So funny I was looking at the sentiment then I realised I've bought it. Haven't used it and it's bagged up still as saving for my birthday on Sunday 😁
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! These blooms look fantastic. I like the bold color, great simple and clean design. Wonderful card!

Darnell said...

This is sensational, Berina! Your coloring is so professional!! Hugs, Darnell

Ginny Maxam said...

This is really Lovely Berina, your coloring is superb!!! Beautioful card!
Hugs
Ginny M