Sunday, August 13, 2017

Take Good Care

Hello everyone! I'm here to share a card that I made recently. It's been sometime since I played with my Power Poppy stuff. Also, I recently got some new goodies from Power Poppy. I was waiting to color them. In this card, I used the digi Winter Pick-me-up.


I decided to play along the Hues to Use for this week. I love this color combo. If you have not seen them yet, I highly suggest that you check them out. They have such beautiful color combos each week. I've wanted to play along since they started, but couldn't take the time till now. Now that I'm recovering from a surgery, I'm getting all the rest I can by coloring :)


 I colored the image with Copic markers. I used RV29, RV14 and RV13 for crocus, RV13 and RV21 for snowdrops, R22 and R32 for the pussy willow branches. I'm sure these are not the colors they are found in nature, but I just went with the color scheme. I used YG67, YG63, YG61 and YG03 for the greens. The papers are from My Mind's Eye - Lost and Found - Blush. I've had these papers in my stash for more than 3 years. I'm not so good at using pattern papers in my cards. I just don't know how to add it. Now I've challenged myself to add papers to my cards. I inked the image panel with Distress ink Tattered Rose and the edges with VersaMagic Pink Petunia chalk ink. The sentiment is from the Power Poppy Simply Camellias stamp set.  I added a bow with ribbon from Inspired By Stamping.


So, how do you like this card? Thanks for stopping by. Hope you liked my card.

Submitting this to:

9 comments:

Debra K. said...

Absolutely beautiful! Fabulous colouring, the colour combination is rather lovely and work wonderfully on your flowers. The papers are so pretty and well matched to your colouring. The gorgeous bow is a perfect finishing touch. Good luck in the challenges. Debra x

SD pooja said...

Lovely coloring and the card looks very pretty ! I think the sentiment goes well with you.. take care :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is such a fabulous card. Love the pretty mix of papers and images. So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve.

aussie aNNie said...

Berina this is just beautiful, great choice of stamp too. Delightful and appealing colours. hugs.xx [aNNie]

Broni said...

What beautiful coloring!!

cotnob said...

This is beautiful, such a pretty stamp and lovely papers - a fabulous card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Brilliant card, love it, gorgeous colours and great image. I've always a list of must do cards it seems as have some Marcella's images unused.... one day!!!
Hugs prayers,
Shaz in Oz.x

CherylQuilts said...

What a gorgeous card, Berina, and I'm so glad you are recovering from your surgery and enjoying coloring! Your coloring is stunning, and I love that beautiful bow to finish it off! Hugs!

Clara said...

Berina, I love your card. So pretty. I have such a fondness for My Minds Eye papers. Your coloring is fabulous.